Yesterday we ran in the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon with some good friends and it went really well! We all beat our previous times, so that was exciting. Russ had a great race and finished at 1:44 and I scooted in just under the two hour mark at 1:59. My chip didn't register at the start, so that's kind of a bummer, but at least I had my watch. The course was really nice and took us through downtown, Chinatown, the waterfront district, Stanley Park, and around the English Bay. There were a few small hills and then a brutal one at the 14k/8mi mark, but luckily we had a nice downhill.
The weather was predicted to be warmer, but it started raining right as the race began. The temperature dropped and the wind also picked up, so we were pretty cold by the end. My hands were so numb that I could barely grab my water as I passed the stations at the end. But it was worth it, mostly because we went to IHOP afterwards for hot chocolate and pancakes...so delicious.


Cute! You did amazing on your race! And that's SO good you had your watch running!
ReplyDeleteWay to go guys. That sounds like a great way to celebrate finishing a half marathon!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are rock stars! I am impressed that you have already been in a race somewhere that you have only lived for a month! Great times too!! WOOHOO!
ReplyDelete