Sunday, April 4, 2010

DC Trip

When we were in VA, Russ and I took a quick weekend trip to Washington, DC. It had been years since either of us had been, so we did all of the tourist stuff and checked out a couple of local dives along the way. It was a rainy weekend, but DC is a great place to go in the rain. Aside from the monuments, everything else, like the museums and exhibits, are indoors and they're all free.

On Friday night, we saw the WWII Memorial, Washington Memorial and Lincoln Memorial. The city is really pretty lit up at night.

Lincoln Memorial

Us chumming with Honest Abe

That night, we searched an hour for this local burger place called Ray's Hell Burger that our friend Kristen had told us about. She said it was the best burger she'd ever had, so of course we had to check it out. The verdict? Totally the best. Just look at this face! By the way, we were so starving by this time and I think Russ ate this jalapeno cheddar burger in four bites.


On Saturday, we were touring maniacs and saw Arlington Cemetery, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Library of Congress, Capitol building, National Archives (where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are displayed), and the Natural History Museum.

Oh, dear...

We ate at a great sushi place for dinner on Saturday and checked out this great local coffee shop that our friend Michael told us about called Peregrine Espresso.

Random pic of my Pac-Man themed hot chocolate...made from chocolate from Ghana. SO good!

Next stop? A two-hour drive home, but totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to DC but we are finally going at the end of May! After graduation. I am soo excited. I'm going to have to see if I find that burger place. My mouth is watering already.

    ReplyDelete